Water Heater Repair and Replacement in Pensacola
Top-Rated Water Heater Repair & Installation Services in the Florida Panhandle
We tend to take our water heaters for granted — until they stop working.
Peaden Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electrical has served the Alabama Gulf Coast and the Florida Panhandle for over 50 years. That’s the trademark of a business you can trust: We’re invested in our company. We’re invested in our community. Our family is invested in your family.
Call (855) 557-7878 or contact Peaden if you have water heater repair or replacement questions.
Reasons a Water Heater Will Stop Working
The Electricity or Gas is Disconnected
Sometimes the simplest explanation is the most likely. Reset the circuit breaker for the water heater.
Mineral Scale Buildup
Over time, water heaters can accumulate mineral scale and sediment in the tanks, which can cause your water heater not to heat efficiently.
Broken Heating Element
If you are experiencing no hot water, it could be a bad heating element. Heating elements in water heaters can break from time to time. Peaden can come out and replace your element.
Your Thermostat is Set Too Low
As the temperature outside changes so does the temperature of the water feeding your water heater. If your shower is cold, too hot, or just not hot enough, the thermostat on the water heater may not be adjusted properly.
Signs You Need Water Heater Repair or Replacement
If your water heater is 10 years old, it’s time to budget for a water heater replacement. No matter what your water heater’s age, if you’ve already had one or more repairs, it may be time to cut your losses and invest in a new, energy-efficient water heating system.
Signs you need water heater repair include:
- Discolored/rusty water
- Floor puddles near or under your water heater
- Limited hot water
- Mineral buildup
- Odd-smelling tap water
Types of Water Heaters
There are many options, reputable brands, makes, and models of water heaters, so it can be hard to know which one is right for your home. We can help you decide what you need based on your lifestyle, the size of your home, and the number of people in your household.
Water heater types include:
- Condensing water heaters: If your home has gas heat and you need a larger storage tank capacity, this might be a solution.
- Heat pump water heaters: Hybrid water heaters transfer air heat into hot water. They are 60% more energy-efficient than electric tank water heaters but have limited space options. Heat pump water heaters need ceiling space up to 7 feet and a lot of airspace around the unit.
- Storage tank water heaters: This is the traditional water heater found in most Alabama and Florida homes. Gas water heaters usually cost less to operate than electric, but they cost more at point-of-purchase.
- Tankless water heaters: On-demand water heating makes sense for many homes as they can provide about 3.5 gallons of water per minute.
We’ll be honest about how much mileage you can expect from your current water heating system, and we’ll also be upfront about pricing for your new unit. Call (855) 557-7878 or contact Peaden for water heater repair or replacement.
Water Heater Maintenance
- Check temperature
- Test the TPR (temperature pressure relief) valve
- Drain/wash the tank to remove sediment if needed
- Examine/test safety valves
- Inspect anode rod
- Inspect insulation, pipes, and the unit
Never ignore plumbing problems, even minor water heater issues. Your family’s health is your priority, and it’s ours as well.