Is Your Air Conditioning Unit Low on Refrigerant?
Are you in Pensacola, Fort Walton Beach, or Panama City? Are you having issues with your air conditioning unit. You may need AC repair services. Your unit could be low on the refrigerant. Your electric bill may be higher if you are running your AC without proper refrigerant levels. The AC unit could break down quicker as well. It is important that you recognize the signs of the refrigerant being low. These signs could include the following:
- Longer time frame for cooling your home – When the temperatures are higher, your AC unit needs to work harder to cool down your home. With lower refrigerant levels, it makes it even more difficult for your AC unit to cool the home down, which means even longer before your home is cool.
- Vents not blowing cooler air – is there lukewarm or warm air blowing out of your vents? If so, your refrigerant could be low or you could be experiencing other AC unit issues.
- Higher electric bill – Do you have a higher electric bill? If so, this could be related to your AC unit and the functioning of it. If you have low refrigerant levels, this could be the cause for your higher electric bills, since the AC has to work harder to function.
- Ice located on the refrigerant lines – If you think your AC unit is lower on refrigerant, you should see if there is ice building up on the AC unit. This accumulation could happen if there isn’t enough refrigerant in the AC unit.
- Water leaks around your heater – If the ice that had accumulated on your refrigerant line but melted, you may have a puddle of water near your furnace. The water can drop on the floor as well. If this is happening, you may have lower refrigerant levels.
- Bubbling or hissing noise – If your AC unit has low refrigerant levels, it could be caused by a leak. You might a bubbling or hissing noises somewhere from your AC unit.
If you notice any of these issues, you should have an AC repair technician come out right away. Peaden has many of these experts who would gladly come to your home to repair your AC unit. We know that having a broken AC unit is not fun, especially in the hot heat of the summer. If you are experiencing the above mentioned issues, we want to know about it. The longer you wait, the more damage that could be done to your AC unit. It won’t just be low refrigerant. Other parts could break. Get a hold of Peaden today to schedule a visit from our AC repair experts.
Drain Clearing expires 09/30/2021
& Sewer expires 09/30/2021